Berkeleyme Management Consultants is an American Network of Business Consulting working across the globe. Over the years, we are providing impeccable services to valued clients related to business solutions, related to Audit, Financing, accounting, tax, technology, consulting and advisory services. We have a complete range of products capable to manage all your business requirements and delivered by meeting the world standards with great customer feedback. We identify your Business needs and give you ultimate comfort in your business operations.
Our objective is to take all operational complications from our client & provide them reliable and efficient solutions. We believe that our clients should focus on business strategic issues and let Berkeleyme handle their operational matters by utilizing our professional and valuable experiences. Come and discuss your needs and our globally trained qualified staff is here to serve your need in the best way possible.
Audit and Assurance
Our Audit and Assurance team consists of highly experienced professionals with a deep understanding of the industry and its intricacies. We employ a risk-based audit approach that reflects our detailed understanding of our clients’ business and the relevant internal and external risks. Our assurance team has developed robust client acceptance and continuance procedures as well as a reporting and communication framework which ensures timely delivery of results that consistently exceed client’s expectations while ensuring full compliance with both internal and external reporting requirements. Audit Approach We follow a well-defined global risk-based audit methodology which is fully compliant with International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) and is subject to a stringent quality control and review process which is based on the International Standard on Quality Control (ISQC) 1 and the IESBA Code of Ethics principles. Our services include the following:
- Audits of financial statements (general purpose and/special purpose) Interim reviews, and other assurance services such as agreed-upon procedures
- Regulatory audits as specified by regulatory bodies e.g. RERA audits
Accounting & Reporting
- Transparency & comparability of information is instrumental for businesses and stakeholders to be able to assess opportunities and implement their vision. Our team brings a wealth of professional experience in both financial and non-financial reporting in the following areas:
- Review & implementation of the financial reporting requirements of the clients in compliance with IFRS and other industry-specific reporting requirements
- Advising on the implementation and compliance with IFRS on an ongoing basis
- Review of non-financial information including business processes
- Review and reporting to comply with the requirements of financiers
What constitutes AML compliance services?
As anti-money laundering legislations become more stringent and AML compliance scrutiny strengthens, it becomes imperative for business entities to turn the spotlight on a robust AML compliance program. At a global scale, government authorities have been implementing key measures to introduce processes and controls pertaining to AML / CFT within the financial ecosystem. The UAE periodically releases guidelines to create awareness around anti-money laundering compliance.
What are the AML compliance services we provide?
AML CFT Regulatory Compliance
1. AML Compliance Advisory: Complexities within AML compliance are on the rise hence companies stand to benefit significantly from receiving
tailor-made compliance advisory services. Our team of AML specialists play a pivotal part in ensuring your business is compliant and your workforce is aware of the ever-changing regulations of AML/CFT compliance.
2. Develop AML compliance policies and procedures: Companies focused on strengthening their AML compliance regime can leverage the expertise of our specialists to curate predefined policies and procedures for the organization. Based on the type of entity, its size, the complexity of its operations, and the applicable regulatory framework, BERKELEYME can customize an AML manual that will go a long way in establishing procedures that will guide employees in their day-to-day operations and satisfy regulatory requirements.
3. Set up of in-house compliance department: Setting up an in-house AML compliance department can prove to be an investment and help avoid repetitive charges. Consultations with our AML specialists can help you set up a cost-effective AML compliance department that will mitigate risks related to financial crimes.
4. Outsourced compliance officer & MLRO: Business entities not looking to set up a full-fledged compliance department can appoint an outsourced Compliance Officer and Money Laundering Reporting Officer to oversee the AML compliance aspects of the business.
5. AML/CTF compliance audit: AML/CTF compliance audit is a process where an independent AML consulting firm assesses the processes defined by the compliance team of a business entity. We conduct AML compliance audits that highlight the risks prevalent in the current processes and advise your team on the best way forward to mitigate these risks. Independent testing is another service that falls within the ambit of AML/ CTF Compliance Audit where we help organizations build a robust compliance program that enables in detecting potential gaps in their AML/CFT compliance program. It is recommended that firms conduct independent testing every calendar year.
6. AML Mystery shopping: AML Mystery shopping: AML Mystery Shopping is a unique service offering that allows businesses to get an insight into the efficiency and sincerity levels of their employees. This is largely done to assess whether KYC processes that are in place within the firm are fully adhered to and provides an insight into existing gaps that need to be addressed.
7. GoAML Registration: With UAE strengthening its AML/CFT regime, goAML registration requirements paves the way for an improved AML/Compliance Regime. Our team of AML experts helps you register in the goAML system and the Automatic Reporting System for Sanctions Lists.
8. Assurance Reviews: Assurance reviews are independently executed by AML specialists as they help stakeholders of a business getting an insight into the strength of its regulatory processes. This is a value-add service where our team conducts reviews on a specific process – be it client onboarding processes or adhering to standard practices in line with AML Laws and regulations.
9. Compliance Remediation: When businesses are faced with gaps that require compliance remediation, you can trust our AML specialists to take charge and identify areas that require compliance-driven attention.
10. AML Audit Remediation: In the instance of business entities being faced with regulatory findings, penalties, or fines that require them to conduct AML Audit Remediation, we are well poised to guide you in addressing existing compliance gaps and auditing the compliance ecosystem of the firm.
11. Financial Crime prevention: AML experts at BERKELEYME backed by years of experience and an understanding of the industry cater to the clients AML related requirements with a primary objective of preventing financial crime or helping them mitigate risks to financial crimes.
12. Authorization (DIFC/DFSA and ADGM/FSRA, SCA): Authorization (DIFC/DFSA and ADGM/FSRA, SCA): Businesses keen on becoming regulated entities in financial free zones like DIFC and ADGM or with authorities like the Securities Commodities Authority (SCA) can leverage our services for a seamless setup.
13. AML Enhanced Due Diligence: Simply put, Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) is an advanced KYC due diligence process that offers detailed risk investigation especially while handling high-risk customers and large transactions. Our Enhanced Due Diligence services offer solutions to address risks and protect businesses.
14. AML Customer/supplier Risk Assessment Service: Customer risk assessment is a series of evaluations made when a new business relationship or transaction is to be initiated with the customer. It is a critical process for a more accurate analysis of the potential risks that the customer may create. The above set of processes applies to supplier risk assessment as well. Based on the assessment our AML experts advise clients on whether to proceed with the customer/supplier or to categorize them as LMH (Low, Medium, High).
15. AML Transaction Monitoring and Alert Review: Transaction Monitoring can be defined as “a formal process for identifying suspicious transactions and a procedure for reporting the same internally, and externally if required”. Transaction Monitoring offers a clear picture of the customer’s activity – including transfers, deposits, and withdrawals. Businesses can trust our expertise and leverage AML Transaction Monitoring and Alert Review services to ensure they stay on the side of the law in their transactions and activities.
How BERKELEYME can help you in AML Compliance?
At BERKELEYME we have a team of AML specialists who can help organizations comply with the applicable regulations & industry best practices, through its robust AML/CFT program tailor-made to suit the client’s requirements. We guide and assist you every step of the way to ensure you are aligned to meet the regulatory expectations for financial controls. Leveraging our AML expertise can prove to be an asset to the overall financial and regulatory well-being of your business.
What is RERA AUDIT?
Real Estate Regulatory Agency (RERA) – the regulatory arm of Dubai Land Department (DLD) sets policies that shape Dubai’s property sector. As the legal authority regulating Dubai’s realty sector, all developers registered with RERA should have an ESCROW account and independently audit to identify completion status of the project, with regard to, construction developments. Real Estate Regulatory Authority Audits include annual submission of the audit report for all completed projects from registered developers.
What are the RERA Audit services we provide?
BERKELEYME is one among the leading auditing and consulting firms specializing in RERA Audits. As RERA approved auditors, our team of professionals identify complex real estate issues and recommend pragmatic solutions.
1. Jointly Owned Property Audit of Service Charge: In line with RERA compliance, Jointly Owned Property audits require technical expertise and an in-depth understanding of the region’s real estate industry. We have a specialist team that provides cost-effective audits of service charge accounts and related services to residential, retail, commercial, villas and master community developments.
2. Service Charge Budget Review: RERA mandated requirement that has come into force in Dubai for managers overseeing jointly owned property is compliance to Service Charge Budget Review. Our team of experts backed by years of experience in handling RERA related services provide an independent review of the service charge budgets of the jointly owned properties to ensure that the budgeted expenses and allocations are reasonable and in line with industry standards.
3. Escrow Account Audit: The purpose of this audit is to give a clear picture to the regulator regarding the developer’s progress in order to build confidence and transparency among the investors. Our team is experienced in using the TAS system, where all financial transactions related to a project must be recorded, and constantly stay abreast with the newest updates available in the system in order to provide the most efficient service possible related to project developments.
4. Efficiency Review: The purpose of Efficiency Review is to ensure fair pricing to the owners associations and efficient provision of facilities to the owners. It enables to certify that services are obtained after a comprehensive and fair tendering process. BERKELEYME has employed a dedicated team of professional consultants which assesses whether the service delivery of facilities management services is done in an efficient manner.
5. Service Charge Modeling: A Service Charge Model is a high-level cost model, the purpose of which is to ensure that service charges are levied on a systematic basis. This model comprises the necessary cost components with a breakdown of each cost calculation methodology. Our team carries out an assessment and verification of the proposed service standards, management strategy and the likely costs. All of which facilitate our client’s ability to manage their development in accordance with the regulatory guidelines, contribute to a structured approach for the ultimate “Asset Management” function and support the structures and strategies to facilitate the development being managed professionally into the future.
How BERKELEYME can help you in RERA Audit?
BERKELEYME wields years of experience & expertise as RERA registration agents and has successfully catered to some of the most distinguished brands in Dubai’s expanding real estate sector. Our RERA audit team has garnered profound insight into the UAE’s real estate sector and proves to be an asset when it comes to devising strategies to overcome roadblocks, conducting RERA forensic audits, representing client in navigating complex real estate deals like refinancing, lease negotiations and more amounting to billions of dollars.
Internal Audit and Risk Consulting
We understand that in today’s complex and competitive business environment, internal audit should provide strategic value and assist in the achievement of superior business performance. We provide a clear, practical advice to help organizations ensure the existence of internal controls and processes to achieve key strategic and operational objectives. We provide professional assistance in the development of effective governance and risk management frameworks to enable organizations to anticipate and respond timely to changing business conditions and risks.
- IT Audit Services
- Enterprise Risk
- Regulatory Risk
- Fraud Risk
- Operational Risk
- Financial Risk
- Drafting SOPs
- Cyber Security
- Robotics Process Automation
Our Corporate Finance practice comprises of a dedicated team of accomplished professionals with strong technical knowledge combined with relevant industry expertise. Our team brings vast regional insights and is able to support and advise its clients across various sectors and industries viz., Healthcare, Education, Financial Services, Real Estate, Media & Communication etc.
As a value adds to our clients, we draw from our global network to provide enhanced out put to your businesses across the globe. Our global reach of the BERKELEYME network means our member firms are well-placed to provide advice and local requirements to assist with foreign acquisitions and sales.
Service offerings under our Corporate Finance practice include the following:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Business Valuation
- Financial Due Diligence
- Feasibility Studies& Project reports
- Fund Raising
- Purchase Price Allocation
- Goodwill Impairment Reviews
- Strategic Review and New Market Entry Strategies
Strategy & Transformation
Our Strategy & Transformation capabilities can help companies transform financial and operational functions. We are well poised to provide you strategic and operational support required to develop a Strategic Overview that maps out your growth journey. This vital step will pave way to achieve the following: understand your current position; analyze your competitive environment and market global opportunities; and develop a clear short, medium and long-term strategy for your business.
Once the growth strategy has been charted out we will transition towards transforming your people, processes, and technology. Creating alignment across your organization’s culture, behaviors, and business objectives begins with strategic development and flows through every area of transformation, including change management, performance management, and continuous improvement.
We assemble specialized teams to address your specific transformation needs.
- Change Management
- Strategic Review
- Organizational Transformation
- Profitability Enhancement
- Go to Market Strategy
- Cross Border Expansion
- Process Improvement
- HR Strategy & Organizational Development
- Performance Management & Training
- Digital Transformation Strategy
- Digital Marketing Strategy
Technology & Cybersecurity
Backed by our Technology & Cyber Security solutions we help companies strengthen their financial and operational functions. We have specialized teams that help you empower your organization to work faster, smarter and better as we create efficiencies that enhance your operations. Cyber Security & Data Protection solutions are a need of the hour today and our team of experts can help you design and build a Cyber Security and Data protection program that works . The risk of a cyber attack can never be eliminated, but it can be managed. Listed below are a range of Intelligent Automation, Cyber Security and Data Protection Solutions that will drive growth and add value to your business:
• Information Security Audit
• Cyber Security Assessment
• SIA (NESA)
• PCI DSS
• ISO 27001
• General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
• UAE Cyber Security Law
• UAE Data Protection Law
• Third Party Risk
• BCM & DRP
• ERP Project Management
• Mobile & Web Applications
Accounting & Bookkeeping
With countless accounting issues in the rapidly changing regulatory environment, accounting and book keeping plays a vital role in helping a business track its income and expenses. Our team of professionals provide continuous assistance in ensuring your financial statement as accurate as possible.
Over and above accounting & book keeping we are well poised to support you in the following areas.
Outsourcing Payroll Services
In the realm of running an business, having a streamlined payroll process is imperative. In a dynamic economic environment, like the UAE most businesses struggle to match pace with changing regulations and government forms. By outsourcing payroll services to our team of hands -on professionals you will have one less thing to worry about.
Part time CFO Services
CFOs take the lead in helping organizations make sound financing & investment decisions. A sizable portion of the UAE corporate sector consists of SMEs, and most of them cannot afford a full time CFO. To this end, leverage `Part time CFO Services` from a professional firm, like us. As the market transitions from a non-regulated to regulated tax environment, the expertise and experience of a `Part time CFO` will add value in critical areas of your business.
What is Tax Advisory?
The UAE’s taxation landscape is dynamic and businesses are required to comply with the UAE’s regulatory environment. As FTA approved Tax agents we bring to the table in-depth knowledge of the industry and local tax regulations while resolving complex issues through the tax audit services we provide.
In the realm of tax consultancy, we provide tailor-made solutions to each client, aligned to their business requirements. This is achieved by gaining a ringside view into tax-related issues faced by the business, based on which our team of experts offer appropriate Tax Advise.
What are the Tax Advisory services we provide?
VAT returns & advisory
Tax compliance, planning and management
VAT Registration and deregistration
Tax desktop review
Detailed VAT process reviews
Tax due diligences
Litigation reviews and appeal filing
VAT accounting & VAT advisory services
Economic Substance Requirements (ESR) filings
ESR Appeal filing with Ministry of Finance
Excise returns and advisory
Excise accounting advisory
International taxation and structuring advisory
CbCR filings support
How BERKELEYME can help you in Tax Advisory:
Backed by our extensive global network of experienced tax professionals, we deliver seamless services to help clients navigate complex tax laws and achieve optimum tax efficiency without compromising on compliance with tax laws and regulations. Our experienced tax team also provides ongoing training programs and awareness seminars to regularly update our clients on the practical implications of tax laws, both prevailing and proposed.
Our expertise lies in offering advisory services that are focused on maximizing tax benefits and minimizing tax burdens. Our team of tax experts, handhold clients and offer strategic advise on leveraging input taxes, tax incentives and comply with tax related regulations. We are positive BERKELEYME has a pivotal part to play in helping you stay compliant as you navigate the UAE’s evolving tax regime.
Company Incorporation in UAE (Mainland, Free Zone & Offshore)
The basic requirement for all business to operate in (or) form UAE is to have a Business license. We can assist you to choose the right Business license according to your business requirements.
Our professional staff is specially trained to cater to the client’s needs, understanding the nature and requirements of their business and providing advice on the most suitable working environment. A hassle free process with us; than going round and round with different government departments and getting disappointed without an amicable solution. This is where we come in, with thousands of hours of experience and the right network channels we can guarantee that you are choosing a right solution for your business. Our experienced consultants provide A-Z consultancy in setting up client’s business in UAE – business suitable in mainland or any of the free zones
Mainland companies are allowed to do business in and outside UAE without any restrictions. According to Company’s law, a mainland company requires a local partner (U.A.E National) or Local Service agent. Minimum 51% of the shareholding will be held by a Local partner and balance 49% can be divided among the expatriate partners. It can be formed with minimum 2 partners and maximum up to 50.
There are following categories
- Commercial license
- Industrial license
- Professional license
One of the most important aspects of doing business in the UAE is the legal structure. Foreign companies are allowed to establish one of these legal entities:
- Limited Liability Company
- One Person LLC
- Representative Office
- Sole establishment
- Civil Company
The most important benefit in setting up your Business in a free zone is that you are entitled to 100% foreign ownership. UAE Free Zones is a part of a selected and restricted land or setting, with a special tax benefit, exemptions of custom duties on imports and exports, generally associating the category of extra-territoriality. An entrepreneur’s aspirations to establish a business in this special economic zone which is organized around the major seaports and international airports with many geographic advantages to least cost and boost profit along with the following features-
- Fast tracking business set-up and licensing
- Abundant and cost-effective energy
- Excellent support services
- 100% foreign ownership & No requirement of UAE National as partner
- 100% import and export exemptions
- No Corporate taxes for many years. 5% VAT will be applied if supplies are taxable
- No personal income tax or capital gain tax
- No currency restrictions
We are always transparent when providing our clients and prospects with the total costs associated with setting up their UAE free zone business. A big part of this is simply ensuring we offer the flexibility to provide you with the exact package to suit your needs. Whether you require a single-shareholder Business license, a dual- (or more) shareholder Business license, or visas for employees or dependents, we will help you select the exact option you need so that you pay no more than is necessary.
List of some of the main Free Zone we can assist you in:
• Ajman Free Zone • Ajman Media City Free Zone• Dubai Airport Free Zone • Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC) • Dubai Silicon Oasis • Dubai Studio City • Dubai World Central (DWC) • Fujairah Free Zone • Fujairah Creative City • Hamriyah Free Zone • International Media Production Zone (IMPZ) • Jebel Ali Free zone • Rak Investment Authority Free Zone (RAKIA) • Ras Al Khaimah Economic Zone (RAKEZ) • Sharjah Airport International Free Zone • Sharjah Media City (SHAMS) • Umm Al Qawain Free Zone • Dubai Biotechnology and Research Park (DuBiotech) • Dubai Car and Automotive City Free Zone (DUCAMZ) • Dubai Gold and Diamond Park • Dubai Healthcare City • Dubai Industrial City • Dubai Internet City • Dubai Knowledge Village • Dubai Logistics City • Dubai Media City • Kizad (Abu Dhabi) • Dubai Media City • Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone (ADAFZ) • Abu Dhabi Global Markets (ADGM) • Masdar City Free Zone (Abu Dhabi) • Twofour 54 (Abu Dhabi) • Kizad (Abu Dhabi) • Industrial City of Abu Dhabi
Offshore Company Incorporation
We are a leading company service provider in the United Arab Emirates, and a fully licensed agent of the Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA) & RAK International Corporate Centre (RAKICC). We always offer best advice to clients to ensure the client is aware of all legal requirements for the international offshore business.
An offshore company as a legal business is used as a vehicle to minimize the tax pays out and shields the assets from restrictions in the native country. Therefore, easy licensing procedures for the creation of Offshore companies make for lucrative earning possibilities,
Different jurisdictions of Offshore Company Registration available in UAE:
- Jebel Ali Offshore
- RAK ICC
Why choose Offshore Company?
- No taxation
- Minimize the tax burden through legally available means
- Asset Protection
- Acts as a Holding Company
- Suitable for any type of worldwide business
- Easy and Quick Incorporation
All our business relationships are based on a professional approach and mutual trust and focused on quality service. We will be acting as your agent and will take care of all registration process and annual renewals.
What we offer:
- Filing with the registrar (If required)
- Registered office Facility
- Act as your registered agent
- Prepare all your registration forms, Issuance of Incorporation certificate & annual renewal of License
Our experienced team would be glad to assist you with the UAE company formation and with an offshore bank account in U.A.E. Start your business today in the fastest growing jurisdictions in the world: Welcome to the Emirates!
How can we assist you?
- Employment visas, Investor Visas and Family Visas in Mainland& Free Zones
- Product registration with Dubai Municipality, Food control department and Health Authority
- Renewal and cancellation of visas
- License renewals
- Documents attestation Service from Ministry of foreign affairs, embassy and other government departments
- Documents processing from Dubai Municipality and chamber of commerce
- Dealing with customs (File opening and Duty Exemptions)
Get all your documents cleared up by the authorities without any hassle.
Tax Residency Certificate
Trademark or service mark are distinctive elements like logos, slogans, hallmarks, names, graphics, titles, seals, symbols, or signatures that distinguish a brand from its competitors. A trademark registration simplifies the process of establishing a brand in the industry, creates an identity for the brand, helps expand the client base & most of all protects your brand. Wondering how to register a brand and get a trademark? Our team can guide you through your company trademark registration process which will benefit you in the following ways:
- Protects the features that give your brand its identity
- Prevents others attempting to register similar trademarks
- Trademarks are an asset, have a good will and can be licensed or franchised
What are the Trademark services we provide?
- Trademark Search
- Trademark Registration (Trademark Protection, Trademark Filing Services)
- Trademark Recordal
- Trademark Licensing
Our expertise lies in offering services that are aligned to the best interests of your business entity. With over 20 years of solid experience, we have successfully assisted clients in registering trademarks not just in the UAE but across the globe. Trust our expertise and experience as our team happily guides you towards protecting your brand and preserving its identity in a market teeming with competition.