Company Licensing in United States
Register C- Corporation or LLC in the USA. Register any kind of Company in the USA.
The USA is considered to be a world-class economy and first business hub. The US economy is nearly 20 trillion dollars. Hence, setting up a company in the USA gives global class benefit. Further being a developed nation, rules and regulations for Company Registration in USA are much regularized, and corporate tax rates are much lower. There are two types of companies that you may register in the USA. One is C- Corporation and the other is LLC.
Benefits of Starting a Company in the USA
Points to make your decision easy
All 50 states in the USA are interested in increasing the business environment and many cities encourage them to invest in their communities. Hence you can have virtually unlimited choices for where to set up your business and can choose a geographical and climate zone that suits you.
Law and Regulations
Businesses in the USA are treated the same, whether foreign or domestically owned. This gives you the benefit of all the laws relevant to acquiring a business or transferring capital. It puts you on an equal standing with your opponent if there is ever a business dispute. The laws & regulations are the same for all businesses.
Low Corporate Tax
Many states and some cities in the USA offer financial incentives to foreign investors who will establish their business in a specific location. Some incentives are in the form of tax credits and the country has recently lowered commercial real estate taxes for foreign investors. Also, corporate tax rates are much lower.
Skilled Man Power
No matter what your business in the USA is, you will find hundreds of skilled workers just waiting for the opportunity you can offer them when you begin hiring workers for your new business. As there are community colleges and technical schools all committed to training students to enter the workforce at all levels.
The USA is worldwide known as a great business hub. Every day foreign nationals are willing to set up US business from larger enterprises to a small startup. The effective way to enlarge business all over the world is to register in the US marketplace key success factors for businesses around the world.
Access to advanced technology, which the U.S. is known for, increases the desirability of the U.S. as a place to do business. Many foreign investors are starting companies in the U.S. just to have access to advanced technological innovations which will enhance their business production and world -wide communication.
Why use Berkeley & Lords to set up your company?
Company formation agents, like us, provide many useful services that you will not receive if you register directly with Companies House.
C- Corporation (closely held corporation):
- C-Corporations are an independent legal entity separate from the people who own, control and manage it.
- Due to this recognition as an individual entity, it is viewed as a legal “person” in the view of tax laws.
- It can be engaged in business and contracts, can initiate lawsuits and itself be sued.
LLC (Limited Liability Corporation):
- LLC is a type of entity that has features of both a Corporation and a Partnership.
- LLC provides the owners with limited liability protection in case of a lawsuit or bankruptcy.
- LLCs are also operationally flexible and the compliance requirements for a LLC are simple.
The business trend in the United States is ever-changing. Newmarket trends, modern technologies and government policies make a big contribution to the changing business trends in the USA. With the changing market environment over the years, there has been an emergence of new business structures from time to time. In this article let us talk about one of such business structures i.e. Limited Liability Company (LLC) in the USA.
Characteristics and Important facts of an LLC in the USA
- The owners of an LLC are called as “Members”.
- The rights and responsibilities of the members for managing the Limited Liability Company in the USA are governed by an operating agreement.
- An LLC shall have to file a document called the Articles of Organization with the State Official, generally the Secretary of the State to get the legal status.
- The Rules & Regulations of LLCs are different from state to state.
The members of an LLC can be any entity or individual other than banks and insurance companies.
- Limited Liability Company does not have to pay taxes on their profits directly. Instead, LLC’s profit and losses are paid through the members who ultimately report them on their Individual Tax Returns.
Advantages of Limited Liability Companies ( LLCs) in USA
- Limited Liability: The key reason business owners opt to register their businesses as Limited Liability Company is that their objective is to limit the personal liability of themselves and their partners or investors.
- Flexibility: It is a well-known fact that an LLC is a mixture of a Corporation having liability protections and a Partnership that is believed to be a simple business agreement between two or more owners and hence can choose between tax regime of various business structures such as sole proprietorships, partnerships, S corporations, or C corporations.
Disadvantages of Limited Liability Companies ( LLCs) in the USA
Limited Liability Companies, apart from having some attractive features, LLCs have several disadvantages as below:
- Regulations: As per the state law of the state where the LLC has been incorporated, an LLC may have to undergo dissolution if any of the members dies or goes bankrupt.
- Taxes and Fees: Though owners of an LLC benefit by avoiding double-taxation, they are required to pay self-employment taxes. These taxes ultimately are paid twice as the owner of the LLC is both the employee and the employer.
- Suitability: A Limited Liability Company may not be a suitable business structure if the founder’s or owner’s ultimate goal is to launch a publicly-traded company.
Type of business:
Considering the most options, companies are set up in America to address three situations of business opportunities:
- The company would be set up in the USA, but the operation would be carried out from anywhere.
- The company is set up in the USA for marketing and brand building exercise and the rest of operation is carried out from anywhere.
- The company would be a subsidiary of a business firm, but would conduct full -fledged operations in the USA.
- Before registering your company two decisions need to be made: first you need to choose what state you want your company registered in, and second you need to decide on what type of legal entity this company will be organized as (typically a choice between a corporation and an LLC – limited liability company).
Do I require to be a US citizen to register a company in the USA?
The US greets founders from most of the countries without any difference on the ground whether they are US citizens or foreigners. Laws for business establishment, taxation & other corporate agreements are equal for everyone in the USA.
Is it mandatory for opening a bank account in the USA after incorporating a company?
Yes, it is compulsory to open a bank account in the USA as well as the in-home country in case you want to make transactions or receive money from the USA. It is always advisable to open an account of a bank which has branches in the home country.
What is EIN?
EIN is Employer identification number or US internal revenue services generate a tax ID number. Employer identification number (EIN) is a unique identification number allotted to a company incorporated, which is essential for post-registration procedure or taxation purpose.
How many people are required to open a company in the USA?
Only one person is needed to open a company either LLC or Corporation (Inc) in the USA.
What fees will be charged for opening a bank account?
There is no minimum deposit required to open a bank account with Silicon Valley Bank.
Which Countries do you provide Company incorporation services?
We provide Company incorporation services online across the world. You can get your Company registered in India, the UK, The USA, Malaysia, Canada, UAE and many other countries.
Have some queries?
Our expert will help you in choosing the best suitable plan for you. Get in touch with our team to get all your queries resolved. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org